Active - 2001 - Present |
Born - Apr 1, 1976 in Oxford, Oxfordshire, England |
- As a child, lived for seven years in Nigeria, where his parents were born and his family descended from royalty.
- Was a member of London's National Youth Music Theatre, which is where he met his wife.
- Played King Henry VI in a 2001 Royal Shakespeare Company trilogy of the Bard's plays, and was the first black actor to portray an English king in an RSC production.
- For his role in the British spy drama Spooks, he met with British-intelligence officers.
- Cowrote a 2006 romantic comedy-drama for the BBC called Graham and Alice, about two London loners who decide to rob a betting shop.
- Fulfilled a bucket-list wish by working with Steven Spielberg on 2012's Lincoln.
- As part of the training for his role as a WWII Tuskegee Airman in 2012's Red Tails, he got to fly in vintage P-51 Mustangs.
- Appointed an OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2016 New Year Honours.