Son of comedic legend Damon Wayans, Damon Wayans Jr. began following in his dad's footsteps in 1994 when, at the age of 12, he played the younger version of David Alan Grier's character Kevin in the movie Blankman. He would spend the next several years honing his stand-up comedy skills, eventually joining the cast of the sitcom My Wife and Kids in 2001. He would also become a writer on the show, penning several episodes before departing in 2004. In 2006, Wayans became a writer and actor on the outrageous sketch comedy series The Underground, joining forces with his father, who also helped create the show. Then in 2009, the comedian kept it in the family once again, playing Thomas in the parody Dance Flick, which was directed by Wayans' cousin Damien Wayans. He then appeared in the Will Farrell action comedy The Other Guys.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Performed stand-up comedy as Kyle Green.
- Costarred on the cable sketch-comedy series The Underground with his father, and also served as a writer on the show.
- Has written, directed and starred in comedy sketches for a web series called Way-Out TV.
- Made his film debut in 1994's Blankman, which was written by and starred his father.
- Was a staff writer on My Wife and Kids at the age of 20.
- Is an accomplished mixed martial artist and enjoys snowboarding.