- In 1999, was spotted by a talent scout, while he was on duty as a waiter in a restaurant in Quezon City; went on to become its brand endorser in 2013.
- Completed his degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management in 2002 before entering showbiz.
- In 2005, went to Canada to try his luck and worked as a janitor in a bingo parlor; returned to the Philippines after failing to secure legal documentation.
- Considers his grandmother Matilde as the most important person in his life; followed her advice of completing his studies first before joining showbiz.
- Has problems with delivering lines because of sigmatism, a speech impediment.
- Often dubbed as Prince of Philippine Independent Films for starring in a number of indie films, including Masahista (2005).