Chuck Liddell is best known as the light heavyweight champion in the UFC, or Ultimate Fighting Championship, as well as taking the sport to commercial and popular heights. The mixed martial arts star is also known by his nickname, the Iceman. He's appeared in the UFC reality series The Ultimate Fighter, and competed on the ninth season of the popular reality competition series Dancing With the Stars.
Biography by Chris True
- Began taking karate at the age of 12; continued his full-contact preparation by wrestling throughout high school and college.
- Captained his high-school football and wrestling teams.
- Started kickboxing after college, conditioning at the renowned kempo training facility the Pit, where he met long-time trainer John Hackleman.
- Nicknamed "The Iceman," reportedly from his lack of nerves during his fights.
- Signature tattoo on head is a Chinese character that translates roughly to "peace and prosperity."
- Strength training has included walking a wheelbarrow full of concrete up and down a steep driveway.
- On-screen roles include a guest spot on HBO's Entourage, as well as an uncredited appearance as a boy scout in 1981's The Postman Always Rings Twice with Jack Nicholson.