Professional ballroom dancer Cheryl Burke rocketed to fame with multi-season victories on the ABC reality series Dancing with the Stars. On that program, her winning partnerships included pop singer Drew Lachey and football legend Emmitt Smith, and she also partnered with 90210 actor Ian Ziering and Vegas songster Wayne Newton in other seasons.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Of Filipino, Irish and Russian descent.
- Started ballet classes at age 4 and took up ballroom dancing when she was 11.
- Won the Dancing With the Stars competition in both the show's second and third seasons, first with singer Drew Lachey, then with former NFL running back Emmitt Smith.
- Frequently makes it to the finals on DWTS, including in Season 6 (with actor Cristián de la Fuente) and Season 8 (with actor Gilles Marini).
- Made her TV acting debut in a 2006 episode of the Disney Channel sitcom The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.
- Opened her first dance studio in April 2008 in San Francisco, and in 2009, created the Cheryl Burke Collection, a line of activewear.