Chaske Spencer wasn't always positive he'd pursue a career as an actor, let alone land a starring role in a teen sensation movie about vampires. He'd considered teaching, as well as photography, before landing his breakthrough role in the 2002 film Skins. He followed this with a role in Dreamkeeper before he was cast as Lakota in The Twilight Saga: New Moon, the second installment in the wildly successful Twilight vampire romance franchise.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Born of the Lakota Sioux tribe, and raised in Idaho and Montana.
- Considered a career in photography before becoming an actor.
- Made his theater debut in an off-off-Broadway production of Dracula, playing the title role.
- Gained more than 15 pounds of muscle for his role as werewolf Sam Uley in The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009).
- Spokesperson for the sustainable-change initiative United Global Shift.