- Practiced law in Washington, D.C., before deciding to move to Los Angeles and pursue a writing career in the entertainment industry.
- First audition piece was a sample script for Remington Steele, which landed her a position as a writer for Fame.
- Early career highlights include writing for Hardcastle & McCormick and Wiseguy, and working as an executive producer on Melrose Place.
- Was working on the pilot for Frogmen, which was set to star O.J. Simpson until he was arrested and jailed.
- Has been executive producer and showrunner of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation since its first season, making her one of the few women in the industry to hold such a position.