Many know actress Jane Brucker for the role of older sister Lisa in the '80s classic Dirty Dancing. Originally from Virginia, Brucker studied at the North Carolina School of the Arts before going pro, making some minor TV appearances before landing the role of Lisa. She would go on to appear in a handful of other projects over the coming years, but became less and less involved in on-camera acting as the years went by, gradually becoming more involved in screenwriting.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Worked with the First Amendment improv group in New York City.
- Former classmate of actor Bruce Willis.
- Appeared in "Baby Blues," a Miami Vice episode, along with former husband Brian O'Connor.
- Co-wrote the "Hula Hana" song her character sings in Dirty Dancing (1987).
- Supports the Santa Monica Virginia Avenue Project, an after-school and mentoring program.