The daughter of 1970s and '80s television icon Greg Evigan (My Two Dads, B.J. and the Bear), performer Briana Evigan was born in 1986 and followed in the show-business path of her famous father. She divided her energies between singing, dancing, and acting, and signed for one of her first leads at age 21 in the dance-themed urban drama Step Up 2 the Streets (2008). In that picture, Evigan played Andie, a street dancer who makes a concerted effort to fit in at a prestigious school for the arts.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Started dancing at age 9.
- Made film debut at age 10 opposite her father in House of the Damned.
- Big break came in 2008 when she landed a starring role in Step Up 2: The Streets; along with costar Robert Hoffman, won Best Kiss at the 2008 MTV Movie Awards.
- Is known as a "Scream Queen" for having appeared in numerous horror movies, including Sorority Row, Mother's Day and The Devil's Carnival.
- Has appeared in music videos with Linkin Park, Flo Rida, T-Pain and Enrique Iglesias.
- Is co-founder of the alternative rock band Moorish Idol.
- Attended high school with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.