One half of the successful hip-hop act OutKast (along with partner Andre 3000), Big Boi (born Antwan Andre Patton) took the duo's act to the big screen with the idiosyncratic musical Idlewild. In addition to an appearance in the drama ATL as a drug dealer, Big Boi portrayed the lead in the golf comedy Who's Your Caddy? He has appeared in numerous documentaries about the hip-hop scene in Atlanta.
Biography by Perry Seibert
- Has known OutKast partner Andre Benjamin since they were in 10th grade together at Tri-Cities High School.
- OutKast's debut album, the acclaimed Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, was released in 1994; the duo have since sold more than 15 million records in the U.S. alone.
- First acting work was a voice-over for MTV's Volcano High (2001), a redubbed version of a South Korean action movie.
- Took OutKast to the big screen with Idlewild, a 2006 musical accompanied by an original album of the same name.
- Collaborated with the Atlanta Ballet in 2008 for performances that mixed ballet with hip-hop music.
- Owns the Purple Ribbon record label; co-owns Atlanta clothing boutique P. Valentine with his wife, Sherlita, and pit-bull breeding ranch Pitfall Kennel with his brother James.