A quintessentially British actor (with a classic "medieval" look) who made his name with deft portrayals of heroes in fantasy and adventure sagas, Ben Barnes graduated from the King's College School in England and landed one of his earliest assignments in a hybrid of the two said genres -- with a small supporting role playing Young Dunstan in Matthew Vaughn's offbeat Stardust (2007). Barnes then commenced a sequence of film appearances as Prince Caspian in the Chronicles of Narnia franchise, adapted from the popular novels by C.S. Lewis; he began, conveniently enough, with the lead in the outing Prince Caspian (2008).
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Began career as part of the National Music Youth Theatre.
- Sang in the 2004 Eurovision Song Contest as part of the boy band Hyrise.
- Appeared in The Kooks' 2005 music video for "Sofa Song."
- Modeled his accent in Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian after Mandy Patinkin's character Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride.
- A rose cultivar named 'Prince Caspian' was launched by Barnes in 2008, to raise money for the Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.
- Has been a patron of Make-A-Wish Foundation UK since 2009.