- Started making films when she was 18.
- Studied literature and art history at Florida State University.
- Wrote and directed her first short in 2005; has also worked as a costume designer and cinematographer.
- Studied acting in order to become a better director.
- Worked as a nanny, a waitress and a seamstress while establishing herself in the Los Angeles film scene.
- Has performed as part of the multimedia comedy duo Machu Picchu.
- A recurring nightmare inspired her 2012 film Sun Don't Shine.