Hailing from Milwaukee, WI, actress Amy Pietz earned several one-off appearances on series such as Star Trek: The Next Generation and Conrad Bloom while also appearing in big-screen fare like Rudy and Jingle All the Way. She earned a steady paycheck during many of those years playing the part of Annie Viola Spadaro on Caroline in the City. She continued with guest roles on ER, The Drew Carey Show, and Law & Order: SVU, while making time for appearances in the films The Whole Ten Yards and DysEnchanted. After a two-year run on Rodney ended in 2006, she was cast as overprotective Wisconsin mom Franny Tolchuck the next year on the CW culture-clash sitcom Aliens in America. Though that series ended quickly, she went on to appear in Reunion, and the teen film Prom.
Biography by Perry Seibert
- Studied opera at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music.
- Was inspired to volunteer as a doula, or birthing coach, by the people who aided her during the birth of a son she gave up for adoption when she was 23.
- Cofounded the Eclipse Theater Company, a small Chicago theatre ensemble.
- Got her start on TV with small parts in syndicated series such as Star Trek: The Next Generation and Highlander, as well as a regular role on The WB's short-lived Muscle (1995).
- Was honored as the 2007 Azalea Festival Queen at the 60th Annual North Carolina Azalea Festival in Wilmington, NC.