Pretty and vivacious Alison Sweeney evinced an unmistakable onscreen presence in her first ongoing role, as Sami Brady, daughter of Marlena Evans, on the long, long-running daytime soap opera Days of Our Lives. Working with series producers and writers, Sweeney helped evolve the character from a wayward adolescent to a loving and responsible single mom. Sweeney maintained the role for well over a decade and a half (from 1993 onward). Meanwhile, she earned fame and recognition in another arena, taking advantage of the reality television trend that swept 2000s television by appearing on several related series. These included competitive shows -- such as Fear Factor, Celebrity Poker, and The Weakest Link (where Sweeney nearly broke the bank) -- and, more visibly, a hostess assignment in season four of The Biggest Loser, competition between numerous contestants vying to lose the most weight. Sweeney's resumé also includes guest appearances on such series programs as Webster, I Married Dora, Friends, and Las Vegas.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- First appeared on Days of Our Lives in 1987 at age 11, acting as the younger version of Adrienne Johnson in a flashback.
- Took Days of Our Lives costar Bryan Dattilo to her senior prom.
- Won the daytime-stars edition of Weakest Link in 2002.
- Published her memoir, All the Days of My Life (So Far), in 2004.
- Won four Soap Opera Digest Awards for Favorite Villain for her work on Days of Our Lives, as well as a later Digest Award for Favorite Good Girl. Also won a Daytime Emmy for America's Favorite Villain.
- Is fluent in Spanish.