- His parents made sure he and his siblings were all born United States citizens, but he was raised in Dakar, Senegal.
- Met Wyclef Jean of the Fugees while working at a Jersey City barber shop during high school; appeared on the Fugees' 1996 album The Score.
- Served three years in prison for car theft.
- Released debut album, Trouble, in 2004.
- Founded the Konfidence Foundation, which works to improve the lives of children in Senegal.
- Has two clothing lines (Alianune and Konvict Clothing), his own production company (Konvict Muzik) and a record label (Kon Live Records).