- Grew up in London and Nigeria.
- Modeled in London and Milan before turning to acting (and after obtaining a master's degree in law); moved to the U.S. to pursue an acting career in 1994.
- Appeared in the music videos for EnVogue's "Giving Him Something He Can Feel" and Mary J. Blige's "Love No Limit."
- Nominated for NAACP Image Awards in the Best Supporting Actor: Drama Series category for his role in HBO's Oz in 1997 and 2000.
- The meaning of his name: "ade" (crown); "wale" (to come home); "akin" (warrior); "nuoye" (chief); "agbaje" (wealth, prosperity).
- Came up with the name of his Lost character, Mr. Eko, himself.
- Nickname is "Triple A."