Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan could be famous simply for being the husband of knockout actress and former Miss World Aishwarya Rai, but it just so happens that he's also one of the most famous, successful, and above all, prolific figures in the Bollywood film community as well. Extremely well educated, Bachchan attended Jamnabai Narsee School, Bombay Scottish School in Mumbai, Modern School in Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, and Aiglon College in Switzerland. He also went to Boston University, where he intended to complete his education, but he opted instead to leave school and seize the opportunity to jump-start his acting career. He began with films like Dhaai Akshar Prem Ke and Refugee in 2000, and though he wouldn't rise to prominence until his performance in 2004's Yuva, he would appear in no less than 20 films over the course of his first five years in the industry.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Was dyslexic as a child.
- Debuted in the drama Refugee (2000) opposite Kareena Kapoor, who was also making her debut.
- Won three consecutive Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Awards for Yuva (2004), Sarkar (2005) and Kabhi (2006).
- Produced PaaI in 2009, which won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi .
- Received the Green Globe award for "outstanding efforts by a celebrity" to fight climate change in 2012.
- Is the brand ambassador for the END7 campaign of the Global Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases, which aims to eradicate seven tropical diseases by 2020.