Dark-haired heartthrob Aarón Díaz may have been born in Puerto Vallarta, but his light hazel eyes and David Beckham-y cheekbones come courtesy of his Irish-American mother. After a childhood spent shuttling between San Miguel Allende, Mexico and Palo Alto, California, it makes sense that his first ambition was to go into tourism. However, a stint at Televisa's famous talent-grooming institute Center for Arts Education opened the way for a part in the telenovela Clase 406, which quickly led to more roles in Corazones Al Límite, Barrera De Amor, Lola: Érase Una Vez, and Teresa, as well as starring as Danny in a stage production of Vaselina, the Spanish-language version of the musical Grease. His filmography includes Amor Xtremo, Marcelo and Dinoshark, and his English-language roles include an appearance as a wealthy Latin businessman on ABC's Pan Am. He was then cast on the telenovela El Talismán and worked on the Telemundo telenovela Tierra de Reyes, a sweeping ranch epic where experienced horseman Díaz gets to do all his own riding stunts.
Biography by Violet LeVoit
- Moved to the U.S. as a child, but returned to Mexico for college.
- Was cast on the telenovela Clase 406 while he was still in acting school.
- Released his first album, Enamórate de mí, in 2009.
- Made his English-language acting debut in an episode of Pan Am in 2011.
- Was originally cast on Quantico in a recurring role for season 2, but was promoted to series regular before the season began.