After making her film debut in director Murali K. Thalluri's suicide drama 2:37, Aussie actress Teresa Palmer appeared in The Grudge 2, the sequel to the 2004 American remake of Takashi Shimizu's The Grudge. Palmer also can be seen alongside Daniel Radcliffe, of Harry Potter fame, in Rod Hardy's December Boys, and in the role of Topher Grace's romantic interest in Kids in America. She appeared in the 2010 Nic Cage vehicle The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and in 2011, played number 6 in I Am Number Four, and appeared in the bomb Take Me Home Tonight. She fared better in 2013 in the zombie romantic comedy Warm Bodies (opposite Nicholas Hoult).
Biography by Tracie Cooper
- Pre-acting gigs included dressing up as Strawberry Shortcake for local-store appearances in her native Australia.
- Is a big fan of the Port Adelaide football club.
- Was featured in an advertising campaign for a chain of Australian clothing stores called Just Jeans.
- Starred in the 2011 release Take Me Home Tonight, which was actually shot in 2007 and struggled to find a distributor.
- To prepare for her role in Take Me Home Tonight, which is set in 1988 (when she was 2), producers gave her a kit that contained John Hughes films, Flashdance and music from the '80s.
- Wanted to be a teacher while growing up, and taught a high-school drama class at her alma mater after launching her acting career.
- Was named one of Australia's "Stars of Tomorrow" in 2005.
- Is a spokesperson for the Australian cosmetics company Jurlique.