- Grew up on a turkey farm in Ireland after her parents relocated from east London.
- Worked in a head shop while she was a struggling actress in her 20s.
- Both Pulling and Catastrophe are loosely based on her own personal experiences.
- Performed in Terrible Advice at the Menier Chocolate Factory, a play written by Saul Rubinek and directed by Frank Oz in 2011.
- Made directorial debut in 2012 with a short film, The Week Before Christmas, set on a turkey farm where she plays a woman who is inspired by her mother.