Ice skater Sasha Cohen won the hearts of sports enthusiasts worldwide when she netted the silver medal in the U.S. Championships then the bronze medal in the World Championships, at the 2005-2006 Winter Olympic Games. She made a fluid transition to film roles in 2007 -- her watershed year -- first, fittingly, as an ice skater in the Will Ferrell/Jon Heder comedy Blades of Glory, then as one of the live-action "dolls," Bethany, in the family-oriented outing Bratz. Cohen then signed for a supporting role in the horse picture Moondance Alexander (2007). The performer's resumé also includes appearances on such series programs as Las Vegas and CSI: NY. Cohen would also lend her voice to the character of Bethany on Bratz.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Had President Bush talk to her mom on her cell phone at Olympic Games Opening Ceremonies in 2002 in Salt Lake City.
- In 2006, won the U.S. Championship and the silver medal at the Olympics.
- Has appeared in movies, including Blades of Glory, and Bratz; and TV shows, including Project Runway and Las Vegas.
- Toured with Stars on Ice in 2007 and 2008.
- Has written an autobiography, Fire on Ice.
- Practices yoga.
- Aspires to be a fashion designer.