- First got noticed by filmmakers after her appearance in an advert opposite Aamir Khan.
- Got cast for her debut role in Nee Thodu Kavali (2002).
- One of the stars of Dhoom (2004), which spawned the most successful Indian film series of all time.
- Her career has suffered since she stated in 2006 that "Rohit Shetty is amazing as a director. He can make even a black African look pretty". This comment drew heavy criticism.
- Changed her screen name to Rimmi, in an attempt to distinguish herself from her namesakes.