Fair-haired, photogenic actress Molly Stanton established herself as an actress on the popular NBC daytime soap Passions, playing Charity Standish, a young woman caught up in an intense rivalry with her cousin Kay for Miguel's affections. This marked Stanton's Hollywood debut, though she was no stranger to acting when she signed for the Stanton role, having performed in a succession of local theatrical productions during middle school and high school, and having toured with the Brentwood Theater Company. In that venue, Stanton wrote, directed, and performed a theatrical piece so popular that it eventually traveled to Scotland's Edinburgh Theater Festival. After Passions, she appeared on the situation comedy Twins, as the not-at-all-identical twin of Sara Gilbert, but the series was shortlived. Stanton scored her next coup as the aging model Nicole, a resident of one of Manhattan's most posh hotels, on the Fox situation comedy Do Not Disturb (2008). In the years to come, Smith would remain active on screen, appearing in movies like Miss March.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Plays drums, guitar and piano.
- Joined the Brentwood Theater Company during her junior year of high school.
- Co-wrote and directed The Accident, a Brentwood Theater play about a tragic camping expedition.
- Pledged the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority while attending UC Berkeley.
- Swore off auditions during her freshman year of college, but her agent begged her to go on one more, which ended up being her breakthrough role on the soap Passions.