- Has said the first evidence he was interested in acting was that, as a child, he would use his G.I. Joe action figures to act out movie scenes.
- Won the 2002 John Houseman Prize at The Juilliard School for excellence in theater.
- Has appeared in numerous Shakespearean productions, including Titus Andronicus, Othello, A Midsummer Night's Dream and Romeo and Juliet.
- Landed his first major television role in 2006, playing Marc St. James on hit ABC dramedy Ugly Betty.
- Originated the role of Rudi Gernreich in the off-Broadway play The Temperamentals in 2009.