- As a child, she dreamt of becoming a veterinarian.
- Had to quit college in the second year after her family fell into bad times and worked as a nude model to make ends meet.
- She posed for men's magazines which is when she got noticed by film-maker Francis Villacorta who suggested she audition for films.
- Francis Villacorta got her registered in an acting workshop.
- Got noticed by Brilliante Mendoza's and made her debut in his critically acclaimed film Serbis (2008).
- She considers the difficult phase of dropping out of arts college as a blessing in disguise because she would have otherwise ended up as a struggling sculptor.
- In an online poll, she was voted as the Most Beautiful Actress who walked the red carpet at the 61st Cannes Film Festival.
- Figured in YES! Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful Stars of 2010.
- Successively figured in FHM Philippines 100 Sexiest Women of the World 2011 and 2012.
- Is the official Indie Princess of Philippine Cinema.
- Wowed the Middle East television audiences with her role as a maid in the 2016 soap opera Saq Al-bambu.