Tanzania native Marin Hinkle is best known for her role as bookstore proprieter Judy Brooks on ABC's Once and Again, though her breakthrough performance was on long-running soap opera Another World. After the cancellation of Once and Again in 2002, Hinkle went on to find success in the sitcom world, co-starring with Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer on CBS' popular Two and a Half Men, and appeared on a variety of prime-time dramas including ER, House, and Law & Order. Though Hinkle is primarily a television actress, she has had small roles in several films; her credits include Frequency, I Am Sam, Friends With Money, Weather Girl, The Next Big Thing, and Rails & Ties.
Biography by Tracie Cooper
- Parents met while serving in the Peace Corps.
- Mother is a judge for the Massachusetts Supreme Court.
- Aspired to become a ballerina and studied dance until she was 16, when an ankle injury sidelined her.
- Appeared in Broadway productions of Electra, A Thousand Clowns, and The Tempest.
- Has appeared in productions at The Geffen Playhouse, South Coast Repertory, and The Echo Theatre Company in Los Angeles.