- Both parents were influential members of the theater: her mother was actress Jill Clayburgh and her father is playwright David Rabe.
- Wanted to become a ballerina as a child.
- Didn't start acting until her high-school years, when she was asked to perform a monologue at a summer arts camp in Connecticut.
- Got her Equity card doing a play (Speaking Well of the Dead at Massachusetts’ Gloucester Stage Company) alongside her mother when she was a sophomore in college.
- Made her Broadway debut in 2005 as Annelle in Steel Magnolias; she earned a Drama Desk Award nomination for her performance.