Kentucky native Kris Allen had an interest in music that included singing as well as playing a number of instruments, including the viola and piano. In 2009, Allen auditioned for the eighth season of American Idol and eventually beat out Adam Lambert to take the top prize. In addition to his singing career, Allen has also taken part in missionary trips to Spain, Morocco, Thailand, Mozambique and South Africa.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Has been playing guitar, writing music and singing since he was 13.
- Is a worship leader with New Life Church in North Little Rock, AR, and with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries at the University of Central Arkansas.
- Has taken part in missionary trips to Spain, Morocco, Thailand, Mozambique and South Africa.
- Favorite singers are Kelly Clarkson and Jamie Culllum.
- Winner of Season 8 of American Idol; runner-up was Adam Lambert.