- Was a class clown in high school who made his accounting teacher laugh so hard she couldn't teach. She eventually made a deal with him: let her teach and he could have the last five minutes of every class to do his schtick.
- Became interested in stand-up after a neighbor lent him videotapes of Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy and George Carlin.
- Moved to Las Vegas after high school.
- Ran his own comedy show in Las Vegas for 10 years.
- Received a standing ovation after his first appearance on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno.