The son of diva-cum-actress Diana Ross and Norwegian shipping entrepreneur Arne Naess, and the half brother of actress Tracee Ellis Ross, Evan Ross followed in the footsteps of his show-business mom and sister when he debuted as an actor in the late 2000s. He began his ascent in 2007 with two projects that premiered within weeks of one another: the HBO cable movie Life Support (in a challenging supporting role as an HIV sufferer who contends with his illness by indulging in narcotics) and a small part in the inspirationally charged theatrical feature Pride. At about the same time, Ross signed to star opposite Hilary Duff in the interracial romance Greta (2008). He landed a recurring role on 90210 in 2010, and later joined the Hunger Games film series, playing a rebel in Mockingjay - Parts 1 and 2.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Uses his mother's last name professionally.
- Began taking acting lessons while attending Greenwich High School.
- Made his movie debut in 2006's ATL at the age of 17.
- Was nominated for an NAACP Image Award for his role in Life Support.
- Released his first single "Yes Me" in 2011.