- Parents emigrated from Ghana to London in 1966.
- Studied performing arts as part of his curriculum in sixth-form college.
- Played the role of Eric in Foxes at West Yorkshire Playhouse.
- In 2006, performed the role of Claudio in Much Ado About Nothing at Library Theatre in Manchester.
- Performed in a national tour of the U.K. as Jose in The Wedding Dance in 2007.
- In 2008, played the role of Captain Stewart in the critically-acclaimed stage production of War Horse at the National Theatre in London.
- Is an avid supporter of Tearfund, a Christian-based relief and development organization aimed at fighting poverty in undeveloped countries.