American actor Christopher Mintz-Plasse took his cinematic bow in 2007 in the Greg Mottola-directed comedy Superbad. In that picture, Mintz-Plasse played a nerdy but extremely resourceful young man who procures a lousy fake ID and gains the friendship of two wild cops. He followed up with parts in Role Models and Year One, and lent his distinctive voice to family films like Marmaduke and How To Train Your Dragon. He had a major part in the remake of Fright Night in 2011.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Began acting in the first grade.
- Was a member of his high school's improvisational comedy team.
- First professional audition led to his first role, in 2007's Superbad. (Since he was under 18 during filming, his mother was required to be on the set during his sex scenes.)
- Received an MTV Movie Award nomination for Breakthrough Performance for Superbad.
- Played Isaac in Harold Ramis's Biblical comedy Year One (2009)and Kick-Ass's foe Red Mist in Matt Vaughn's comic-book thriller Kick-Ass (2010).
- Has played the drums in a rock band (The Young Rapscallions) with friends.
- Has done voiceovers for the animated movies How to Train Your Dragon (2010) and Marmaduke (2010).