Idaho-born musical theater star Cheyenne Jackson climbed the ranks of regional theater before graduating to Broadway in the 2000's with plays like Aida, Thoroughly Modern Millie, All Shook Up, Xanadu, Finian's Rainbow, and The Performers. Jackson also made his mark on screen, most notably with the recurring role of Danny on the comedy series 30 Rock and Dustin Goolsby on Glee. He appeared as Liberace's scorned lover in HBO's Behind the Candelabra in 2013.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Raised in Newport, WA.
- As a teenager, did summer theater in Coeur d'Alene, ID.
- Worked as a magazine ad executive in Seattle before moving to New York City to pursue acting as a career.
- Made his Broadway debut as Radames in Aida.
- Earned a Theatre World Award and Drama League nomination for his work in 2004's All Shook Up.
- Made his film debut in the 2005 suspense-thriller Curiosity.
- First TV acting role was in 2008 on NBC's comedy-drama Lipstick Jungle. A few months later, he landed a recurring role on the NBC comedy 30 Rock.
- Recorded the album The Power of Two with Michael Feinstein in 2009.