- Started dancing at a young age and studied ballet at the Juilliard School.
- Worked as a cocktail waitress in Manhattan.
- Only female regular in ensemble cast of cop drama Hawaii.
- Performed in the 2003 stage production of Pieces.
- Film debut was in the 2004 horror movie Bloodline.
- Produced and choreographed the short experimental film Love Runs Red.
- On her mixed heritage (her mother is Japanese, her dad is Caucasian) she told the Honolulu Advertiser in 2004: "Growing up, everyone is always asking you, 'Where are you from? Where did you get those eyes? What planet are you from?' I was conscious of it every day."