Astrid Bergés-Frisbey began working as a model and actress in her home country of France around the late 2000s, prominently appearing in films like La Première Etoile and Un Barrage Contre le Pacifique. She made the transition to Hollywood, playing mermaid Syrena in the fourth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, On Stranger Tides.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Family moved from Spain to France when she was 5.
- Studied science in school, planning to become an osteopathic physician.
- Chose to pursue acting after her father died when she was 17.
- Studied at the Cours Simon drama school in Paris.
- Costarred in a French production of Peter Shaffer's play Equus at the Theatre Marigny in 2008.
- Was featured in the spring/summer 2010 ad campaign for clothing retailer French Connection.