- Was a cheerleader in high school and college, and also grew up studying music, including piano and cello; training in the martial arts such as Tae Kwon Do; taking dance lessons; and competing in gymnastics.
- Won Miss Korea Chicago as a college student in 2004, which qualified her to compete in the Miss Korea pageant in Seoul.
- After college, spent two months in Kenya on a humanitarian mission before deciding to move to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.
- In addition to becoming the face for Clinique cosmetics in their advertising campaign in Asia in 2010, other modeling gigs include Reebok in South Korea and Nike in Japan.
- A singer-songwriter, released her debut album, My True Happy, in 2013.