Professional ballroom dancer Anna Trebunskaya reportedly commenced training at age six in her homeland of Russia and started competing professionally one year later. Trebunskaya immigrated with her parents to the United States at the age of 17, and achieved national fame before American audiences as one of the non-celebrity contestants on the ABC network's reality series Dancing with the Stars. Her partners in that venue included football player Jerry Rice and male model Albert Reed.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Both parents were professional ballroom dancers.
- Her mother has designed and constructed all of her costumes.
- Started dancing at age 6 in the studio owned by her parents.
- Entered her first dance competition at age 7 and won.
- Partners on Dancing With the Stars have included Jerry Rice, model Albert Reed, Steve Guttenberg, MMA fighter Chuck Liddell, Kurt Warner, Sugar Ray Leonard, Carson Kressley, Jack Wagner and Drew Lachey.
- Appeared with then-husband Jonathan Roberts in a 2012 episode of Shark Tank, in which they danced and helped promote a product called PostureNOW.
- Is co-owner of a dance studio in Hermosa Beach, California, United States.
- Wears her mother's wedding ring on her right hand for good luck.