Known to countless Office fans as the uptight accountant, Angela Kinsey would surprise many with the warm, sunny personality she has offscreen. Born June 25th, 1971, in Texas, Kinsey's family relocated to Indonesia when she was two, and they lived in the country until she was 14, making her fluent in Indonesian. Kinsey went on to attend Baylor University before interning for Late Night with Conan O'Brien and attending classes with Improv Olympic and The Groundlings. She worked in commercials and in various areas of the corporate world to pay her bills, sometimes landing roles on episodes of popular TV shows, until 2005 when she auditioned for the role of Pam Beesly on The Office. Producers liked Kinsey, but they felt she had a feistiness to her that would make her better in the role of Angela Martin. She returned, auditioned for the part, and became a member of the cast. The show became a huge success, and Kinsey worked on other projects in her off time, appearing in co-star John Krasinski's romantic comedy License to Wed in 2007.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Moved to Jakarta, Indonesia, with her family at age 2; lived there until she was 14.
- Interned at Late Night With Conan O'Brien after graduating from college.
- Was an operator for 1-800-DENTIST.
- Cast after her first TV audition, which was for a role on Step by Step.
- Originally auditioned for the character of Pam on The Office, but landed the role of Angela Martin instead.
- In 2009, was signed to portray Gigi, the Guardian Girlfriend, for Clairol in an advertising campaign.