Singer Alexis Grace was born in Memphis, TN, in 1987. A sometime bassist for Memphis soul singer Ann Peebles, the young mother appeared on the eighth season of American Idol, auditioning with Aretha Franklin's Dr. Feelgood.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Has been singing since she was 7 years old.
- Tom Jones is one of her favorite singers.
- Auditioned for American Idol three years in a row before she was selected to advance to Hollywood.
- Her father, Randy Middleton, formerly played bass for soul singer Ann Peebles.
- Attributes her powerful singing style to having grown up listening to "really loud singers."