- Growing up, both of his parents were involved in civil rights activism, and he attended rallies and picket lines as a child.
- Was studying electrical engineering at USC when he went to a friend's acting class; he auditioned for their theater program the next semester, and completely changed tracks after being accepted.
- Appeared as three different characters in three different Star Trek franchise installments: Star Trek: Into Darkness, Star Trek: Voyager, and the video game Star Trek: Away Team.
- Voiced Star Wars villain Darth Vader in over a dozen video games between 1994 and 2006.
- Has also appeared in several Aaron Sorkin productions, including The West Wing, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, and The Social Network.