- Fell in love with acting after his mother encouraged him to join the drama club in the sixth grade to help curb a stuttering problem.
- As a teenager, briefly attended an all-boys military academy, where he performed in school productions of Dead Poets Society and various Shakespearean plays.
- Landed guest stints on That '70s Show, What I Like About You, American Dreams and Bones.
- Breakout role was on the controversial 2003 sitcom It's All Relative.
- In 2006, joined the cast of My Boys, TBS's first original sitcom.