American actress Kristy Swanson has been in films since 1986's Deadly Friend, but cemented her reputation on TV with recurring roles in Knot's Landing (1987) and Nightingales (1988). Her forte has been the portrayal of young ladies with prom-queen looks and room-temperature I.Q.s. Among her leading roles in films have been the title characters in Mannequin 2 (1991) and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992). The failure of the highly touted Buffy has resulted in a number of negligible career moves for Kristy Swanson, most recently the role of a Beverly Hills princess accidentally kidnapped by fugitive Charlie Sheen in the doomed-from-the-start The Chase (1994).
Biography by Hal Erickson
- Permanently left school during the 8th grade to concentrate on acting; her parents tutored her at home.
- Auditioned to play Pee-wee's love interest in Big Top Pee-wee (1988), but it was decided that she was too young. She later worked with Paul Reubens in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Has been in three movies with Charlie Sheen: Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Hot Shots! and The Chase.
- Posed in the November 2002 issue of Playboy.
- Met husband Lloyd Eisler (an Olympic medalist in figure skating) when the two were paired together on the Fox reality show Skating With Celebrities in 2006.