American actress Peyton List -- not to be confused with younger child actress Peyton R. List -- first came to prominance as Lucy Montgomery on the popular soap As the World Turns (2001-2005). After her run on that series, she portrayed Sarah Wallis, the paramour of golfer Francis Ouimet (Shia LaBeouf), in Bill Paxon's rousing 2005 biopic The Greatest Game Ever Played. List also continued to work in television, taking many a guest role in such programs as Smallville, Without a Trace, and One Tree Hill, as well as multiple-episode parts on the short-lived series Windfall and Day Break. In 2007, List landed regular billing on the drama Big Shots, a kind of male Sex and the City about the friendships among a group of businessmen; the actress played Cameron, the daughter of CEO Duncan Collinsworth (Dylan McDermott). However, it was another small-screen project that led to her biggest exposure to that point. In 2009 she was cast as Jane Siegel, one of the new secretaries at the advertising firm in Mad Men who would go on to marry one of the senior partners.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Began acting and modeling at age 8.
- Graced the cover of Girl's Life, a magazine for teens, on six occasions.
- Studied ballet at the School of American Ballet in New York City and the Kirov Ballet Academy in Washington, DC.
- Appeared in The Nutcracker with the Moscow Ballet.
- Auditioned for the series Mad Men (set in the 1960s) wearing period clothing.