- Founded the Nuevo Escena theatre company in Puerto Rico in 1988.
- Trained at the Public Theatre and Circle in the Square Theatre in New York.
- Played baseball player Roberto Clemente in the touring production of DC-7: The Life of Roberto Clemente.
- Was the acting coach for Ja Rule in Back in the Day.
- Played Pedro Knight, the husband of Celia Cruz, in the off-Broadway musical Celia: The Life and Music of Celia Cruz, which required him to play the role in both Spanish and English on alternate nights; he later reprised the role in a TV series about her, called Celia.