- Began his racing career driving go-karts at age 6.
- Was the youngest racer to ever win the European Karting Championship when he won in 2000 at age 15.
- Named British Formula Renault champion for Manor Motorsport in 2006.
- Won the Formula One Championship in 2008.
- Awarded Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE) by the Queen in the 2009 New Years Honours List, for his services to motor racing.
- Voiced a race car in Cars 2 (2012), playing Britain's entry in the World Grand Prix.
- Crowned the 2014 Formula One World Champion.
- Frequently works with children's charities, including being named a Global Ambassador for Education for Save the Children in 2013 and taking several trips with UNICEF UK to places like India, the Philippines and Haiti.