Multi-award-winning dancer Kym Johnson accomplished innumerable professional goals in her native Australia -- including scoring a multi-season run on Aussie version of the Dancing with the Stars program and netting the titles of Australian Ballroom Champion and Australian World Representative of Ballroom Dance. After touring the world in a production of the stage musical Burn the Floor, the producers of the American Dancing with the Stars (on ABC) tapped Kym to join the program as a professional dancing partner to the show's celebrity contestants; her partners included talk-show host Jerry Springer and billionaire entrepreneur Mark Cuban, as well as pop star Joey Fatone, with whom she came in second place during the third season -- as well as being one of the most popular pairings in the show's history. She nabbed a pair of first place wins in seasons 9 and 12, with Donny Osmond and Hines Ward, respectively. Her pairing in season 20, with Shark Tank businessman Robert Herjavec, proved kismet- the pair started dating during the show and were married in 2016.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Began dancing at the age of 3, studying ballet, modern dance, tap and jazz; as a teenager, began ballroom dancing at the encouragement of her brother, who wanted to take a class to meet girls.
- Appeared in Baz Luhrmann's 1992 indie hit Strictly Ballroom.
- Danced at Elton John's 50th birthday party.
- Has been seen on Australian TV in Celebrity Survivor and Dancing with the Stars Australia, which she and partner Tom Williams won in 2005.
- Posed in the Australian men's magazine FHM in 2006.
- Won the mirror-ball trophy twice on Dancing With the Stars: in 2009 when partnered with Donny Osmond, and 2011 when partnered with Hines Ward.