- Landed first professional acting gig at 11 on the Australian TV series Skyways.
- Left school at 17 to pursue a full-time acting career, starring in the popular Aussie soap opera Neighbours.
- Gave first singing performance in 1983 on a show called Young Talent Time, on which her sister Dannii was already a regular.
- Performed a rendition of Little Eva's 1962 hit "The Loco-Motion" at a charity event featuring Neighbours cast members; executives at a local label recorded and released a single of her version, which stayed at the top of the Australian pop charts for seven weeks. Signed with PWL Records shortly after the song was released.
- Made feature-film debut in 1989's The Delinquents; that same year, participated in the remake of the 1984 benefit single "Do They Know It's Christmas."
- Released a self-themed art book entitled Kylie.
- Performed a rendition of ABBA's 1977 disco hit "Dancing Queen" at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
- Was made an Officer of the British Empire in the Queen's New Year's Honours in 2008 for her contributions to music.