- Moved to Delhi as a sixteen-year-old, initially working as a model.
- Had poor English when she started acting, which caused her some difficulties early on in her career.
- Earned a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut with the thriller Gangster (2006).
- Portrayal of a successful model that falls on hard times in Fashion (2008) won her both the Filmfare Award and National Film Award for best supporting actress.
- Voted India's hottest vegetarian by a PETA poll in 2013.
- Trained Kathak dancer.