Born in Seoul, Korea, actor James Kyson Lee moved to New York City when he was 10 years old, eventually studying at Boston University. He later moved to L.A., and began making appearances on TV shows like JAG, eventually scoring the role of Ando Masahashi on the hit series Heroes in 2006.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- At the age of 10, moved from his native South Korea to New York City with his parents.
- Has appeared in numerous commercials, including spots for Hyundai, Butterfinger and Red Robin Restaurants.
- Landed his first credited TV role in a 2003 episode of CBS's JAG.
- First role as a series regular came with NBC's hit Heroes, playing Ando Masahashi, the best friend of breakout character Hiro Nakamura.
- Middle name, Kyson, is derived from the first letters of his parents' names ("K" and "Y") and the word "son."
- A piano player and singer, Lee has recorded jazz standards and performed at Los Angeles piano bars.
- Plays basketball for the Hollywood Knights, a charity entertainment team.