Gayle King made headlines during the mid- to late 2000s for her long-standing personal relationship and professional association with entertainment mogul and television personality Oprah Winfrey. Via her Winfrey connection, King served as the editor in chief of the periodical O, The Oprah Magazine, hosted the radio program The Gayle King Show on the station "Oprah & Friends" (channel 156 on XM radio), and appeared from time to time on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Lived in Turkey from age 6 to 11.
- Met close friend Oprah Winfrey when both worked at a Baltimore TV station in 1976.
- Worked for 18 years as a TV news anchor for a CBS affiliate in Connecticut. Also worked at TV stations in Kansas City and Washington, D.C.
- Began hosting her own show, The Gayle King Show, on XM Satellite Radio in 2006.
- The editor-at-large of Winfrey's magazine O.